- Glass Material: GG-17 High Borosilicate Glass
- Shelf Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Pot Material: Stainless Steel, Fully sealing and heating
- Rotary Bottle Capacity: 30L
- Collection Bottle Capacity: 10L
- Rotary Power: 180w (110v/60hz)
- Rotary Speed: 0-180RPM
- Heating Power: 8KW (208v/3Φ/60hz)
- Heater Max Current Draw (Amps): 22.2
- Bath Temperature Control Range: 0-99c
- Digital Temperature Control
- Temperature Control Accuracy: +/-1C
- Lifting Mechanism: Electric
- Dimensions Assembled (LxWxH in.): 33x55x84
- Weight: 165 LBS
“Continuous Feed” Operating Procedure:
This procedure is the most efficient way to run a rotovap. It will give you the fastest speeds, with minimal heat load to the chiller. This procedure is meant to be a basic starting point for anyone new to using rotovaps. It assumes you are evaporating an ethanol solution for recovery and reuse of the ethanol. Once you have mastered this procedure, you can begin adjusting the parameters to suit your specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise).
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
-Does not include: Chiller, Vacuum System, Cold Trap
***Note: This item will ship by freight only.***
***Disclaimer: This unit is intended for LEGAL purposes only, to be used in accordance with local laws and ordinances. Use only in WELL VENTILATED AREAS!***