On 9/1/2015, BUCHI, the inventor of rotary evaporator systems, introduces a ground-breaking laboratory system with the launch of the Rotavapor® R-300. The innovative, modular platform with a plug & play concept enables seamless combinations of components to provide tailor-made solutions, from a basic rotary evaporator to a fully-automated system.
On 4/19/2016, Rotavapor® R-300 has been recognized with the German Design Awards 2016, the RedDot Award 21 and the iF International Forum Design Award. Furthermore, the User Interface I-300 and I-300 Pro for the R-300 received the iF Award in the category “communication”. According to the commitees, the awarded products set a new standard of quality, modularity, flexibility, ergonomics, comfort and safety with a strong, consistent corporate product design language.
A new level of unattended operation will be achieved with integration of an optional central interface. In conjunction with a BUCHI vacuum pump and recirculation chiller, the perfect synchronization of process parameters, such as rotation speed, pressure and temperature opens up new possibilities.
The BUCHI Rotavapor® Configurator app is available to simplify the process of selecting the optimal configuration for any customer’s needs. The Buchi R-300 rotary evaporator meets the highest expectations in convenience and versatility. Its modular design allows extension of the Rotavapor® R-300 to a fully integrated system where a central interface regulates each component.
Ai is now the official dealer of Buchi products. These rotavapor systems are made in Switzerland with two-year warranty directly from Buchi Corporation.
- Comfortable flask and vapor duct removal thanks to easy to use Combi-Clip
- User-friendly operation due to ergonomic electric or manual lift
- Immediate adjustment of heating temperature and rotation speed with intuitively positioned control knobs
- Remote process monitoring with push-notifications to mobile devices
- Unattended distillation of foaming samples
- Automation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) using configurable methods
Extendable and versatile
- Easy plug & play extension to a fully integrated system including a central interface, vacuum pump and recirculating chiller according to your needs
- Choice between 5 L high-temperature and 1 L fast-heating bath
- Wide range of beneficial accessories available: seven different glass assemblies, safety shield, lid for heating bath, automatic distillation and automatic foam detection
- Precise operation control with integrated digital display of heating temperature, rotation speed and lift position
- Traceability of all process parameters including data recording and charting with the optional Interface I-300 Pro
- Instant alert with push notification on mobile devices in case of process deviation (with Interface I-300 / I-300 Pro only)
The following are included in this package
- R-300 with electronic lift
- One 1L and one 5L (046596) evaporation flasks
- One 1L and one 3L (025266) receiving flasks
- Transparent PLASTIC+GLAS (P+G) safety coating
- Vertical condenser with cooling coils
- SJ 24/40 joint
- I-300 interface with Woulff bottle (incl. VacuBox)
- V-300 chemical resistant PTFE diaphragm pump
- B-305 heating bath: temperature range of 20°C to 220°C for evaporating flasks up to 5 Liter
- F-305 recirculating chiller
- 110V (11SR300252VS12) or 220V (11SR300252VS11)
- I-300 Pro interface
- Cold trap condenser used for low boiling solvents along with e.g. dry ice for cooling
- Ai C30-17 -30°C 17L volume recirculating chiller
- ULVAC DTC-41 dual-stage 1.6 cfm PTFE chemical-resistant diaphragm pump
- Flask cork ring stand
Premier Care Plan (Just launched in 2015)
The best just got better...Introducing Premier Care for Rotavapors. Owning a Rotavapor® means having the best – and we are happy to keep it that way!
BUCHI is proud to offer you our NEW Premier Care Plan. If you are using a BUCHI bench-scale Rotavapor, even if your Rotavapor is an original from 1957, you are eligible to have a BUCHI Evaporation Specialist clean, inspect, and test your instrument, free of charge. BUCHI will make sure that its appearance, functionality, and performance match the quality that has been synonymous with the BUCHI name for nearly 75 years.
- Free visit by an Evaporation Specialist*
- Up to 2 free visits for each bench-scale Rotavapor per year
- Free of charge
- Answer your evaporation questions
- Demonstrate tips to optimize your evaporation process
Cleaning of the BUCHI bench-scale Rotavapor, Vacuum Pump, and Recirculating Chiller
- Clean exterior of each item
- Clean and scrub the water batch
- Clean the glass condenser assembly
- Clean pump valves and heads
- Drain and flush the Recirculating Chiller
Multi-point inspection and performance test
- Vacuum leak test of bench-scale Rotavapor
- Vacuum pump performance test
* Up to 2 free cleanings/inspections for each bench-scale Rotavapor per year. BUCHI Premier Care Plan is only available at this time for customers in the USA that have purchased their Rotavapor from BUCHI Corporation or a certified BUCHI Distributor.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.